Thursday, December 6, 2007

UGH!!

Wow, who knew being a teenager could be sooo incredibly confusing and frustrating. All the drama of school, boys, friends, and on top of that school, and getting passing grades. Man, it's wayyy too much to handle with one brain. I can't wait to grow up and get out of high school. I know what your thinking, "katie, these are the best years of your life, don't waste them wishing you were somewhere else." blah, blah, blah. You and me both know that being a teenager, especially a teenage girl is happy, sad, frustrating, confusing, and drama filled -aka- not fun. But anyways, enough of me complaining....I have a kitty that is adorable so life is all happy and sunshiney. yay! =p
♥♥ Yours truly, Katie

3 comments:

Jen said...

I would never tell you that high school is the best years of your life... High school sucked! I would never go back there again. You have many great years to come!! (I love you) ....Mom

Mandapanda said...

You DID post a comment on my blog - I didn't see it before! Sorry that I said you didn't post one!!

I completely agree with your mom - I would not go back to high school. There were some good times, but the stress and drama of relationships was just way way too much. Some of it is avoidable and some of it must be suffered through.

I think what is most important about high school (and yes, often college too) is that you learn what you need and want...and don't need and don't want...from relationships. With friends, with family, and with people you'll date. You don't have to learn ALL the lessons the hard way, though. Sometimes you can learn some of the rough lessons just from listening to other people who went through it and can give you some perspective.

Anyway, sorry I'm writing about a hundred pages of advice...but I do want to say that i would never consider the drama that you're going through to be insignificant or silly. In the grand scheme of things, you may have higher highs and lower lows later on in life, but that doesn't make the crappy stuff you're going through now any less real and important.

Unknown said...

Here is one of my favorite quotes - "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to get over. Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that really matters" (or something like that - it's from Hope Floats). My best years definitely came after highschool!